Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities
In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to conduct an assessment, use a logic model to plan a new project or reassess a current one, and prepare for a meaningful evaluation. Attend this course to learn project planning practices that help you build in accountability and strategic thinking, reveal assumptions, and create a targeted effort with measurable results.
The Office for Coastal Management offers a condensed, virtual version of this course, available when travel and in-person gatherings are not feasible.
You will learn how to
- Assess your understanding of the needs driving the project team actions and plans
- Apply a systems approach to logically connect project resources, actions, and outcomes
- Create functional logic models for immediate use in your projects
- Generate performance measures for project reporting and evaluation
- Link project design to agency and organization missions, strategic plans, and established program niches
- Prepare for a meaningful evaluation of your project or program