Virtual - Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities
In this online, interactive workshop, you will learn how to conduct an assessment, use a logic model to plan a new project or reassess a current one, and prepare for a meaningful evaluation. Attend this course to learn project planning practices that help you build in accountability and strategic thinking, reveal assumptions, and create a targeted effort with measurable results. The 9 hours duration over the 2-3 days includes time spent in self-guided learning, live sessions, and individual consultations with a trainer.
The Office for Coastal Management offers an in-person, classroom version of this course, available when travel and in-person gatherings are feasible.
To host this virtual course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will learn how to
- Assess your understanding of the needs driving the project team’s actions and plans
- Apply a systems approach to logically connect project resources, actions, and outcomes
- Create functional logic models for immediate use in your projects
- Generate performance measures for project reporting and evaluation
- Link project design to agency and organization missions, strategic plans, and established program niches
- Prepare for a meaningful evaluation of your project or program
- Use the following to engage with trainers and fellow participants:
- Headset (preferred), or speakers and a microphone
- Adobe Connect software and the course website (links to both will be provided by NOAA)
- Prepare for the live, online workshop sessions:
- Participate in a 30-minute orientation session
- Submit a 2-3 sentence description of your project
- Complete a self-assessment checklist of your project status
- Join live, online workshop sessions:
- Spend time working on your project plan on your own or with your team
- Meet with a trainer for feedback
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers 9.25 hours of continuing education credits for the American Institute of Certified Planners and eight hours for Certified Floodplain Manager professional certifications.