A land cover analysis can be used to help planners better understand the relationships between land use and water quality. Join this course to learn the technical aspects of OpenNSPECT, a GIS-based tool used to estimate runoff, nonpoint source pollution, and erosion. Participants listen to an introductory lecture and perform hands-on exercises to practice using various tool functions.
This course is designed for GIS professionals, including regional and municipal planners and natural resource managers, working on land use and watershed management projects.
To host this virtual course, contact us at email@example.com.
You Will Learn How To
- Recognize and access the functionality available in the OpenNSPECT software
- Identify data requirements
- Explore the impacts of different land uses and land management scenarios
- Interpret tool outputs
- Apply OpenNSPECT for your project needs
- Competence in GIS
- MapWindow GIS (Local administrator permissions are needed to install)
- OpenNSPECT software
- User instructions and mandatory setup meeting held in advance of the workshop.
- Internet and speakers (or headphones)
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers three hours of continuing education credits through the Association of Floodplain Managers.