The coastal management community has increasingly recognized the importance of ecosystem services information in making management decisions, yet many are unsure where to begin.
This online training will provide a thorough grounding and practical skills for applying the ecosystem services framework to a current or future project. The seven-hour course is highly interactive and includes live sessions and self-guided learning, project insights from a local practitioner, individual consultation with a trainer, and individual or small group work on your specific project.
Space is limited because of the project development approach and high level of engagement between participants and trainers.
The Office for Coastal Management also offers an instructor-led, onsite version of this course.
To host this virtual course, contact us at email@example.com.
- Identify the four elements (biophysical science, human benefits, communication, stakeholder engagement) of the ecosystem services framework and describe how they are connected to each other in a project
- Describe how biophysical changes relate to changes in human benefits
- Formulate possible solutions so that ecosystem services projects meet identified needs
- Demonstrate how the ecosystem services framework applies to a project
As a participant, you will be expected to
- Read and complete a checklist and three questions about your project (before the first live session)
- Join live, online training session 1 (3 hours)
- Spend time completing a worksheet on your own
- Join live, online office hours and training session 2 (4 hours)
- Use the following technologies to engage with trainers and fellow participants
- Headset or speakers and a microphone
- Adobe Connect and the course website, both furnished by NOAA
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers five hours of continuing education credits for the American Institute of Certified Planners and five hours for Certified Floodplain Manager professional certifications.
Virtual - A Framework for Ecosystem Services Projects
- Host Information
- Where and When?